The Aksarben Section is a proud supporter of the IFT Student Association (www.ift.org).
Student members of IFT are encouraged to become involved in the Section.
2018-2019 Academic Year IFT Aksarben Section Scholarship Application
The IFT Aksarben Section is awarding scholarships (ranging $500-$1,000 each) to students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in food science, nutritional science, or related program. The scholarship is for the academic year Fall 2018 – Spring 2019.
Please remember to verify your eligibility and review the application requirements before submitting.
Please email IFTAksarben@gmail.com if you have any questions.
Applications open Friday, February 2nd , 2018.
Applications due Friday, March 16th, 2018 via online submission form.
- Applicant must have minimum 3.0 major GPA
- Applicant must be a Student Member of IFT and member of the IFT Aksarben Section at the time of application.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time sophomore, junior or senior (non-graduating) or senior (entering graduate school in 2018) or graduate student pursuing degree in Food Science, Nutritional Science, or related program.
- Applicant must plan to seek a career in the food industry or continue higher education in a food science or related field.
Scholarship recipients will be announced at the IFT Aksarben Silent Auction:
Date: Monday, April 9th, 2018
Location: Scriptown Brewing Company – 3922 Farnam St, Omaha, NE 68131
REQUIRED ELEMENTS FOR ALL SCHOLARSHIPS
1. Student Application Form: Completed Online here. The Application Form includes the following:
- Resume will be uploaded to this form. Please have it accessible when you fill out the form.
- Resume to include education, experience, published/presented papers, leadership positions held, awards, honors and scholarships, etc. (resume should not exceed 2 pages unless you are a PhD candidate).
- Short answer questions (3): Please fill out in the form.
2. Letter of Recommendation:
- All scholarships applicants need one letter of recommendation from a faculty member or an industry member who has worked with the student. The letter should include a general appraisal of scholarship and research performance (for graduate students), extracurricular activities, work experience and character. Persons writing the letter may submit them here.