IFT – Aksarben Fall Meeting: Block 16 and FSMA speaker Tony Pavel
Happy Hour: 5:30-6:30pm
- Bruschetta with preserved local heirloom tomato, charred onion, eggplant and merlot gastrique
- Baked spanakopita with spinach and local feta
- Shrimp and lobster cocktail shooters
- Hummus, baba ganoush and assorted crudité
- Pan-roasted wild salmon with sautéed seasonal vegetables, herbed fingerlings Note: salmon served with pan sauce made from shallots, garlic, lemon, wine and olive oil.
- Braised short ribs with pommes puree, natural jus and spiced local carrots.
- Vegan pot pie with house seitan, local veggies and gravy. Served with an herb salad.
- Coffee and Dessert: Fruit cobbler and ice cream.
Tony Pavel – FSMA: Impact on Food Manufacturers and the Path Forward
Bio: Tony is Cargill Inc.’s Senior Food Lawyer responsible for food and feed law across Cargill’s North American businesses. Prior to joining Cargill, Tony was the Deputy Chair of the FDA Practice at Morgan Lewis & Bockius, served as General Counsel and Secretary to the Enzyme Technical Association, and as the past Chair of the Institute of Food Technologist’s Food Laws and Regulations Division. During his undergraduate and legal studies, he worked for a food HACCP consulting business. Tony has been named one of the leading food lawyers in the US by Chambers and Partners and Law360.
Enjoy a custom menu of one of Downtown Omaha’s finest restaurants and cuisine.
Paul and Jessica care about food. They serve food based on their best memories. The couple met in Metropolitan Community College’s culinary program. They love to travel and use the experiences to influence their food. Alton Brown has visited the restaurant and Block 16 has been awarded many top honors since 2013.
What if I have dietary restrictions or allergies?
Please email IFTAksarben@gmail.com with any questions. IFT- Aksarben will respond to you directly.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
There is some street parking around Block 16. Please bring change to feed the meter or use the parking app for Omaha. Carpooling is recommended.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email IFTAksarben@gmail.com with any questions.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You do not have to bring your physical ticket to the event – however please check in with a member of the IFT – Aksarben Leadership Board when you arrive.
We are excited to welcome the Iowa Section of IFT to Nebraska! Hope you all attend the UNL Open House, speaker, and tours in the afternoon (1-4pm). Please note, you will need to register for the Innovation Campus speaker program and tours separately via this link: http://foodsci.unl.edu/open-house
IFT Networking Event Details:
When: Friday, September 30, 2016
Time: 4-6pm – following scheduled programming of the Nebraska Innovation Campus Open House and tours
Where: First Floor Link of the Nebraska Innovation Campus (1901 N. 21st Street, Lincoln, NE 68588)
Parking: Please use the large lot on the North side of the Innovation Campus
August 10th- Summer Fun Event at Lakehouse Farm and Prairie Plate Restaurant
- 6:00pm: Farm Tour of Lakehouse Farm (optional)
- 6:45pm: Dinner and presentation by Prairie Plate Restaurant Chef and Owner Renee Cornett
- 8:30pm: Predicted sunset over the farm
Want to see what’s happening around the country? Find out about all IFT and IFT section events, conferences and workshops.